Fire & Safety for Seniors
Building on Baldwin
191 Fayette Street
Hosted with: Martinsville City Fire & EMS
Hear expert advice on staying safe in your home and avoiding common safety dangers for seniors.
Topics to include:
- The importance of having working smoke alarms in your home
- The current free smoke alarms program made available through the American Red Cross
- The number one cause of accidental fires - unattended cooking. How to prevent this from happening to you.
- Home fire escape plan and drills
- Securing personal information and scams
- Basic home security
- Self-defense for seniors
[Part of the NCI Learning Is ForEver program, made possible by Barbara Matthews]